Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
Lean ground beef, brown rice, broccoli and napa cabbage stir-fried in a sesame-soy sauce
Prep Time: 45 minutes
2 portions brown rice (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
2 portions lean ground beef (about 1/2 pound)
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup broccoli slaw (found near bagged salads in produce department)
1 cup napa cabbage, shredded
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Prepare brown rice according to its package directions.
2. While the rice is cooking, in a medium skillet or wok, brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove the beef from the skillet, drain and set aside.
3. Heat sesame oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and green onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli slaw and cabbage; stir0fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Return the cooked ground beef to the skillet with the rice and vegetable mixture and season with red pepper flakes, to taste. Stir until ingredients are well combined and heated through, about 2 minutes.
5. Divide into 2 portions, serve and enjoy!